Saturday, February 13, 2010

Welcome to my website


Hello, and welcome to Tonyrides.com.  On August 1st, 2009 I am leaving my job as an officer in the United States Coast Guard and embarking on a two-and-a-half month motorcycle journey spanning 49 states, Canada, and Mexico.  I will be doing this trip by myself; just me, my Harley Davidson motorcycle, and a little 14 cubic foot trailer.  The estimated length of my trip is 15,000 miles. 
For those who don't know me, or haven't been in the loop, I have spent the past six months upgrading my motorcycle, buying gear for the trip, and planning my route.  With 41 days remaining before my departure I am scrambling to finish last-minute modifcations to the bike, gathering the remaining gear I need, and figuring out what to do with all of my possessions.  Everything that won't fit in my trailer is getting sold, given away, thrown away, or brought to my parents' house. 
Below you can see a brief snapshot of the route I will be traveling.  The Canadian/Alaskan leg is missing from this map and I have made a few tweaks since this picture was taken, but it gives you a rough idea. 
last edited on June 23rd, 2009 at 9:56 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment