Saturday, February 13, 2010

Banjo Update August 10th, 2009


Bad news
So, I finall pulled out my Banjo when I got to North Dakota.  The darn thing was beyond out of tune.  Even with the electronic tuner I couldn't get it to sound right.  I even broke a string trying to get it into tune.  I had spares, but it appears as if it is a lost cause.  Between the vibrations and rattling, changes in climate, etc. I can't make heads or tails of the thing.  It's getting sent home today.  The bright side is that I can now put some of the stuff that was strapped on the luggage rack into the trailer, and maybe reduce the wind resistance a little and get a few MPG better.  Luckily my friend in Chicago gave me a copy of "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" so I can keep busy in the evenings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment