Saturday, February 13, 2010

Petroglyphs Schmetroglyphs September 4th, 2009


Long overdue, but brief
So I have been pretty delinquent in blogging.  I did post some new photos the other day, though.  I passed out before I could blog.  So, I'm on  sketchy WiFi network, so I will be brief, but since you last heard from me:
I rode almost the entire Oregon coast. 
Visited a friend in Vacaville (home of Jellybelly jelly beans).
Visited friends in Vallejo
Visited friends in San Fran
Visited a friend in Tahoe
Visited a friend in Reno
Thoughts and observations: The Oregon coast is gorgeous, but the coastal highway gets a bit tedious with all of the towns and traffic.  Took a hike over some cool sand dunes though.  Drove through a forest fire in Northern California (not the LA one).  Reno doesn't compare to Vegas.  Rode almost 500 miles of the "the loneliest highway in America" today.  Stopped or some petroglyphs (ancient stone carvings).  They weren't impressive.  Plus, the contemporary penis carving mixed in with the ancient native carvings kind of ruined it.  I stopped at Sand Mountain to watch the ATV riders race up and down a 600 foot sand dune.  Got a little too close and almost got myself in a precarious situation riding in the sand.  Dirt and gravel and mud I have conquered so far, so why not a little sand?  Stopped in a few old mining towns (Eureka, NV and Austin, NV).  Very cool little towns.  I'll post ome photos soon.
Sorry for the short update, but thanks for stopping in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment