Saturday, February 13, 2010

Aliens: Illegal or extra-terrestrial September 10th, 2009


Rain in New Mexico.  No mas
Sitting outside my room at the Budget Motel in Roswell, New Mexico.  It's really the first breather I've had in several days.  I dropped Mycenea off in Phoenix on Tuesday and thought I'd make a run for Pie Town, New Mexico.  My dad reported that they had a Jalepeno-Apple Pie, and that sounded too good to pass up.  However, I bit off more than I could chew and didn't quite make it in time.  I rode through some rain storms, and just missed a hail storm (saw the hail still in the ground when I came through).  Turns out Pie Town isn't much of a town at all, and lacked even a gas station or a hotel.  I pushed on and stopped at the next town I came to.  I can't even remember the name.  Got in just in time to fill up on gas, grab dinner, and get a shitty hotel room before they closed at nine.  Today I woke up early so I could actually arrive somewhere in the daylight.  I went to white sands national monument and rented a sled.  It was so bright and sandy and hot.  Quite the place.  It is also right next to the white sands missile testing facility and apparently the whole highway is closed during missile tests.  From there it was 120 miles to Roswell.  I arrived in the daylight, driving through scattered rain showers.  I took some photos of the alien museum, got a room, and ordered some chinese food.  All-in-all it was a pretty nice day.  Tomorrow I am up early to get to Amarillo by noon to get my 35,000 mile service performed on the bike.  I am also replacing both tires.  This should be it for maintenance before getting home.

No comments:

Post a Comment