Saturday, February 13, 2010

Camping


It was a gorgeous weekend in Northern Virginia.  I didn't get to do much riding, but I did get to go camping with some great friends from the area.  It was kind of a send-off for me and a birthday party for another friend.  About 14 of us drove out to the George Washington National Forrest  on Saturday and spent the afternoon and evening cooking hotdogs on the fire and drinking wine out of the bottle.  Things got a little rowdy, but, other than some minor cuts and scapes and burns and dirty feet, everone came out in one piece.  At one point, however, I thought it would be a good idea to throw my hat into the fire.  I'd like to thank everyone that came out.  Each and every person there added their own flavor to the mix and ensured that I will never forget the parts that I can remember. 
On the countdown front I have 32 days left before my departure.
Remaining Details:
  • Install 12v power source
  • Tweak front brakes
  • New camera battery
  • New trailer tires
  • Repack trailer wheel bearings
  • Mount spare trailer tire
  • Buy a GPS
  • Buy a seat cushion
  • Sell my furniture
  • Pack my belongings
  • Move everything to my parents' house in Massachusetts
  • Make some really long iPod playlists
  • Hit the road

No comments:

Post a Comment