Saturday, February 13, 2010

Countdown continues


The UPS man showed up today with my new stereo system.  He asked why I wasn't out riding and I said because I was waiting for him.  I tore open the packaging like a kid on Channukah and quickly scoped out my new sound system.  Then on the bike and off to Steve's house to install it.  A couple of hours and a couple of scrapes and cuts later I tightened the last screw and fired it up.  It works!  It is always so rewarding to do a mechanical or electrical project and have it act as it should.  On the inverse, it is so disheartening when it doesn't work.  So I cranked some tunes and rode over to Kitty O'Shea's to try it out at highway speeds.  There is some distortion when the amp is cranked to 11, but I can it hear the lyrics, and that is what matters.  I will try putting the bass-reducer setting on my iPod and see if that reduces some of the distortion, and may also try an inline electronic noise filter.  All-in-all I am pretty satisfied.  I took a gamble and bought a unit that is considerably cheaper than some of the known manufacturers, but so far I am pleased with its performance.  I'll follow up with some pictures of the install when it is light out. 
P.S. 37 days to go
last edited on June 23rd, 2009 at 10:04 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment